Shared Web Hosting Service Provider – What to Look Into : Hopefully you have finished the designing and development part of your website! Now you may be looking for web hosting. No, you are just planning the building of a website! In both the cases you have to care in selecting the host for your website. Again you may want to go for the shared web hosting service being thrilled with the advantages of this type of hosting isn’t it? However do you know what you have to investigate in case you select a shared hosting service provider? Say have you minded to investigate the reliability of the service, the infrastructure provided to support 24×7 or the security issue?
Anyways, here are some points that you should remember when going for shared hosting service. Let us have a look:
- The first point to remember while selecting a shared web hosting service is to find the infrastructure strength of the service provider. It is found that the host claims to provide higher level of service but end up with poor service. So before going for any provider, you should find out physical strength of the service provider.
- How reliable is the service and how far true is the guarantee of best service? Almost all the shared web hosting service providers guarantee the hosting uptime to 99.99%. But in most of the cases you may find that your server is down for heavy load. So you may check the assurance of penalty charges they will provide you for increased downtime. And read client testimonials and online reviews of the service provider before selecting one.
- How is the support of any shared hosting service provider? Is there 24×7 support via email and telephone? How many support engineers are available against any server? Many a time the servers are found slow due to load; even bandwidth exceeds in many a time. So you have to confirm the level of support before choosing a provider.
- Security is a vital issue in the shared hosting service. There are two types of shared hosting – “name-based” and “IP-based” hosting. Name-based hosting has dynamic IP. It is fine for simple websites. But when e-commerce or any sensitive transaction is concerned, the SSL certificates have to be used. In name-based shared hosting, a shared SSL certificate is used and that may prove vulnerable to failure. So selecting a shared website hosting service, ask if you will be provided with IP-based service if required to go separately.
- Last but not the least is the proper choice of hosting plans. You can not simply go for any shared website hosting service! You have to be choosy and careful to compare the plans provided by a provider. Nowadays the trend is to provide “unlimited” features! You have to check if everything can be unlimited or not! Say the web space cannot be unlimited at a time in shared hosting; it can be unlimited on demand. So you have to compare and chose the provider who provides best service for you.
So hopefully you have understood that it is very much important to be careful in selecting any shared hosting service provider after a through research on its services. After all you just cannot leave your money go in vain or incur the loss to your online business due to faulty services of your chosen website host. Finally it is always better to ask the web development and design company to guide you or take the help of popular web directories for genuine information on the hosting service providers.